Saturday, May 2, 2015

Happy May

Day 1

I'm starting this thing called Happy May. I will be posting everyday in May (yeah right) and just write about everything and anything daily. And I will try to post picture(s) along with text posts too -- but not for today 'cause I'm lazy.

Today I was just extremely lethargic. I had no energy and just wanted to sleep and lay in bed forever and ever. I think I'm getting sick, actually. Sprrrrrring fever. No. no. no. I need my vitamin C. I talked to friends yesterday and today and it was fun talking to them and stuff after a hard/socially dead week.

Yesterday, I met up with my future roommates and went over some stuff like who's bringing what,   cleaning rotations, buying groceries, and etc. Overall, I think it went well -- except that I really want the bigger room, I am a lazy ass person when it comes to cleaning (but we are cleaning every week!!!at least there are 4 people..), and I was not expecting all the "decor" "interior designing" stuff. Although I love interior designing and all that jazz, as a college student, I like to be realistic. I want the cheapest/free stuff, so I do not care about how our apartment is going to look as long as the furnitures (like dining table + chairs and stuff) are sturdy and doing their jobs. I do not care for decorations at all. I am just trying to save as much as possible, and I hope they understand that.  And after meeting them, I met up with a friend to catch up and stuff. It was nice but I just see a lot of insensitivity in him and it's kinda frustrating. I know I cannot deal with super emotional people either, but I am emotional myself though I don't show it as much. I wonder if he knows the reason why I didn't go get brunch with our friends was because of my anxieties and stress, not because I simply wanted to go to the gym. I had a lot of emotional stress built up from midterm studying and other stuff, so I wanted to get my shit together and spend time alone reading the bible on a saturday morning, but that got interrupted so I ran off to the gym. but he saw me running to the gym when I told the group that I couldn't go to brunch -- and that just made me look like a selfish person putting gym over friends? I don't even know. I know, it is not a big deal or whatever, but my main point is that I need my alone time. Though I like to hang out with people, I need my space and my time because I become so drained when I am surrounded by people 24/7. Also, it is better when I don't see them as often because when I do, I get irritated by them. Distance is always good.

Today, I met up with another friend and we talked and stuff over some sushi and froyo. It was refreshing to talk to someone who's more liberal and open-minded compared to other people that I've been talking to. I am happy that I met someone like her and I enjoy our conversations a lot 'cause I feel like I can relate to her. I value our friendship and I hope that I can be the kind of person she can go to when she's struggling. And I hope that we can grow together spiritually and strengthen our friendship throughout our college years.

No comments:

Post a Comment