Saturday, April 25, 2015

Beauty for ashes

Isaiah 61:3

One of my favorite verses

Beautiful things - one of my favorite songs

It is amazing how God makes beauty out of ashes.
It is amazing how God makes all things right in the end.
It is amazing how these ashes can come together to make the most beautiful thing. All these things that we went through, that tore us and burnt us, and left us in ashes.. by God's grace, these come together to create the most beautiful thing.

The phrase "beauty for ashes" struck out to me.
God always replaces beauty for ashes. He is good. He is so good.
If I told my old self that I would be where I am right now, I would not have believed it. My world was full of hatred, anger, sadness, anxiety, insecurities, grudges, and violence. I thought there was no hope. But there is so much happiness in my life now. Even when I am stressed, anxious, and depressed, I know there is hope and a rock that I can lean on.

Tonight was much needed and I am glad that I got to share a part of my testimony and I am happy that my friends were able to share theirs too. It truly is amazing how God brings all of our struggles or ashes together to build these lifelong relationships in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment