Sunday, May 17, 2015

Portlandia

5/16/15

Some of the day's adventures / eats:

Because I cannot drive around downtown.

So kawaii inside.

The best thing that has ever entered my mouth.


So cute and modern.




Blueberry basil and passionfruit. Yas.
The picture on the right is Thai iced tea flavored ice cream. Yas.

This day was the happiest/most stress free day I've had in a long time. I love Portland and living in Corvallis makes me appreciate everything about it even more.

One thing that made me uneasy though --
I saw these two/three Christian guys with signs that said "Homo sex is a sin" "If you don't repent he will punish you" or something like that, and some guy with a costume on was arguing with them / trying to threaten them. 
First, everyone sins differently and they (the guys with the signs) need to understand that. Homosexuality is very prevalent in the community but so is self-hate, lying, judging others, and etc. We ALL sin. Homosexuality is not more of a sin than self-hatred. So what if I had a sign that said, "Hating yourself is a sin" "If you don't repent he will punish you". How would you respond?
Second, as someone who was once an atheist I'm just gonna be honest and say that arguing with nonbelievers is NOT going to convert people. It will make them hate religions even more. Instead of arguing, they should have loved on that guy who was threatening them. If you feel so strongly about Christianity, do you not also feel so strongly about God's love and his message? To love others. Pour love on them and they will see his love too. 
Third, I know they wanted to get the message across and expose them to the truth.. But what they were trying to do in their argument was proving THEIR point instead of proving GOD himself. They forgot the purpose of why they were standing there with the signs. Maybe their purpose was not completely God centered to begin with. 
Finally, I feel like I am a hypocrite for writing all this because I did not do anything about them arguing. I just watched them when I could have said all these things. -- I guess this part was the reason why I was so frustrated and uneasy for rest of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment