Saturday, January 3, 2015

Recap of 2014 and new year's resolutions

2014 the year of:
college applications, graduating high school, starting college, separating from my closest friends, research papers, sort of realizing what I am capable of, really appreciating my parents and having home, imperfect balancing, all nighter papers, being comfortable with my no makeup face in public, hair damage (again), hulu, netflix, finding my love for New Girl, new experiences, falling in love with HAWAII, discovering my love for hiking and exploring, vegetarianism, my first tattoo, pints of Ben & Jerry's, amazon prime, and what else..
2014 was just a blur to me. It is still crazy to me that I graduated high school "last" year. It feels like it was 2 or 3 years ago. Everything happened so quickly and I don't even know. Nothing particular really happened except that I started college but that doesn't seem like a big deal anymore. I don't know. I'm growing up and still learning who I am, what I am capable of, and what I want to do in the future. I just hope 2015 will be a memorable one and I hope I'll be more mature by the end of the year  haha.

Resolutions:
1. Use that brain of mine to do something productive and meaningful like research or something.
2. Try to write all the random thoughts that pop up in my head throughout the day.
3. Adventure more. Hiking. Camping. Traveling.
4. Be optimistic.
5. Figure out who I am (cheesy as hell but I need to). I can be so many different people but try to pin point my personality as a whole (ok that's not possible but ugh). I don't know. It's just that I don't really know what I'm like so I can't really "be myself" and show "my true self" to others. I want to be the SAME person to everyone. I don't want people to see different parts of me; I want them to see me as a whole.
6. Balancing school and fun is important, but remember how screwed up my GPA is. Keep my grades up. All A's and I mean it. Work really hard so that I won't regret it.
7. Take a class that I'm interested in. I can always S/U it if it is difficult.
8. Make money.
9. Use the planner.
10. DON'T SKIP CLASSES IN A ROW. JUST DON'T SKIP ANY UNLESS I AM SICK/REALLYREALLYREALLY TIRED.
11. Go to the library OFTEN and study there. Get a study buddy to so they can watch my stuff when I have to go pee.
12. Run. run. run. Go to the gym. Also do some ab workouts, HITT, squats, and other strength exercises.
13. Drink A LOT of water.
14. Use my nespresso!
15. Be less insecure. Be comfortable in my own body and be proud of who I am. Tell myself that I am an awesome human being and there are people in this world that love me so there's a great possibility that there are more people out there who will also love me.
16. Connect with people. Go out of my way and ask them out on a coffee date or something. Step out of my comfort zone. I am going to need to interact with more people later on so why not start practicing.
17. Job shadow more. Find what I am really interested in and passionate about.
18. Use my dining dollars.
19. Practice my cello and join the orchestra.
20. Dress up more. I have clothes for a reason.
21. Actually try to wear makeup too. I don't need it but it definitely is a confidence booster.
22. Use my school resources. After all, I am paying for it.
23. Love myself. This year will be finally the year that I learn to love every part of myself completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment