Thursday, January 8, 2015

Confidence

I thought I stopped caring about what people thought about me, but I never did.
I've always thought that my insecurity was just a part of my personality, but it wasn't.
My self-esteem was always low because I picked at every flaw that people might notice.
I was scared that they would see what I see.

But
why do their opinions matter?
Why do I care what they think of me?
Why do I care if they notice my crooked smile and uneven eyelids?
Why do I care if they don't like my personality?
Why do I care if they are judging me by the way I talk? the way I dress? the way I am?
I do NOT need to care.
I am the main character in my story. I am the most important one in my life.
I do not live to please others.
I am my own unique person and I deserve to be myself and live my life the way I want to.

And
learn how to love myself.
I cannot always live in fear of people seeing what I don't like about myself.
Let them see I like about myself.
I will shower myself with love and they will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment