Friday, June 12, 2015

I'm not a vegetarian anymore?

I have been a vegetarian more than a year. I wasn't a perfect vegetarian; I had animal product here and there when my other people would take time and effort to make me something that involved animals. But I would immediately feel guilty and almost feel anxious to consume such thing, so it was hard for me to distinguish if I feared eating meat or if I truly cared about animals. I've concluded that I really am against eating animals -- but some things I can't resist. Vegetarianism is all about trying, not being a "perfect" vegetarian. I crave sushi here and there (because I absolutely love salmon), so I am going to eat it when I really want it. I had it tonight, and I didn't feel so bad about eating it. I haven't had it in a year, so it was so nice to finally eat it -- something I've been craving for awhile. Call me a pescetarian or whatever, but I am still going to identify myself as a vegetarian, as someone who mainly sticks to a plant-based diet. I would never eat meat though because I feel like the texture of cooked meat would be like the texture of my own skin if it were cooked. I genuinely do not like it and I am very against animal farming / slaughterhouses. I know fish industry is pretty bad too, and that is why I am going to limit my intake of salmon. If everyone just participated at least in meatless Mondays or just limited their intake of any animal, this world would be such a better place.

Update: I got a really bad stomachache after eating salmon. Maybe it's not good for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment