Saturday, March 7, 2015

This is my third essay on a plant-based diet

The more I research about the atrocities of animal slaughter and cruelty, the more I feel obligated to become vegan.
As a vegetarian, I find it so selfish how we kill all the animals purely for our own pleasure. There really is no "ethical" killing happening in our world as we are so focused on consumerism and "fast and efficient" way. And obviously, killing is not ethical. I don't look down on people who consume meat because I was once a huge meat eater too. It's just that I wish they would take into consideration having meatless mondays or something like that at least -- like how I am trying my best to limit my dairy intake.
Other than eating ethical food, I want to start buying cruelty-free cosmetic products too.

I know, it is so hard to not consume animal products in our society today. We are constantly bombarded by all these false advertisements animal products: "Light and healthy turkey breast sandwich" "milk makes your bones stronger" and etc. AND we are constantly tempted by alluring and brainwashing advertisements of artery clogging meaty foods. These all lead up to money-obsessed corporations partnering up together to make big money.
"Why do I still have risk of heart disease when I am now eating turkey breast and fat free milk?"
"I'll get you some pills provided by this heart disease association that has partnered up with our hospital. You'll be fine after having these pills."

I don't know. I just feel SO disgusted when it comes to big industries that ALREADY have more than enough money trying to make even MORE money by brainwashing innocent people.

No comments:

Post a Comment