Friday, February 6, 2015

Today is the day

that I accepted Christ.

I still feel terribly guilty and ignorant for being in denial for so long. I know that through asking for forgiveness that I will be forgiven, but I am in so much regret. My heart should be overwhelmed with joy (and IT IS) but a large part of it is drenched in guilt.

But more importantly,
I took that leap of faith. Before taking that leap, my heart and my brain were clashing and that was the strongest feeling that I've felt my heart and my brain be in complete discord. I was struggling so hard to shut off my brain and listen to my heart, and I did -- and I will probably never ever regret this decision. I don't know if it was easier for me to rekindle my faith since I was Christian before high school and knew what it felt like to be in God's arms. But as someone who was once an atheist, I can tell you that this involved a lot of asking questions and talking to multiple people, and I can tell you that this feels way better than not having Christ in my heart.

For those of you who are iffy and on the verge of taking a leap of faith, I just want to tell you..
Follow your heart because you KNOW that it is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment